Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on uploading a Custom Certificate on a CISCO ESA appliance

Hello,

did anyone experienced problems when trying to upload a new Custom Certificate on a CISCO ESA appliance ?

Error when uploading new custom certificate: "Validation Error : Certificate has problem with basic constraints extension & CA flag."

AsyncOS 14.0.2 for Cisco C390 build 020

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for your post, but error is different.

Do you have loca CA root cert added ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

there is no issue when uploading root or intermediate certificate in the Custom CA section.

Only problem when trying to upload an host or domain certificate.

if you have CA already you should be able to SAN Cert

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

when I had AsyncOS 13, everything was fine, there was no issue with updating any custom CA certificate

Right, you can't load a host cert there.
That is for root/intermediate CA certs only.

What issue are you trying to solve?

Which cert are you trying to install? That looks like you’re in Network/Certificates and in the Custom CA upload?  That gui is expecting CA or intermediate CA certificates.

So if you’re uploading the cert for the box, either for use on the web gui, or for mail transfer, you upload it in to the appliance certificates section, then assign it where you need it.

I'm trying to upload an custom CA certificate to the Network/Certificates and in the Custom CA section.

Did you find a resolution for this? I am updating the ESA cluster with our renewed wildcard cert and getting the same error?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: