End User Quarantine option in the Spam quarantine is used to enable the access to the spam quarntine for end users "non administrative users".
This option has 3 variants:
1. NONE: End users will only be allowed to access the IronPort Spam Quarantine via the links included in notification messages, but they will not be authenticated (does not require a username and password).
2. Mailbox (IMAP/POP): For sites without an LDAP directory to use for authentication, the quarantine can validate user email addresses and passwords against a standards-based IMAP or POP server that holds their mailbox.
3. LDAP server You need to have LDAP server set-up on the appliance "System administration > LDAP".
Spam Notifications for End Users enabling Spam Notification causes email notifications to be sent in digest format.
From there once you enabled the option you can control the following:
1. The e-mail address that the spam notification will be send by.
2. Who will receive these spam notification ( All users, or you can select specific users from the LDAP groups "again you need to have LDAP enabled on the appliance").
3. You can select how the spam notification will look (from subject, title, what langue the spam notification will be send with, the format of the message "HTML/Text/Combo" and the body of the message it self ).
4. Consolidate Notifications "this option is for LDAP only"
5. Set the schedule of when these notifications will be send (daily/weekly/monthly ), in the daily option you can select single or multiple days and the time of the day also.
Hope this made things more clear, as always if you need any further information you can check with the user guide http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/email-security-appliance/products-user-guide-list.html
SymptomsOutage during FTD code upgrade DiagnosisThe FTD code upgrade thru FMC will cause the traffic interruptionSolutionBelow process will upgrade the FTD with no downtime and no traffic interruption.Before the upgrade process:Download the FTD platf...
Process for FTD migration with PolicyAs per Cisco documentation, we have below steps for for de-register and register process. Please follow below steps :Step 1 : Break HA pair and de-register your FTD from FMC (old).Step 2 : Register your primary FTD wit...
Hi There,Is there a relationship between the hardware of the Cisco ASA 5505 FWs (V02) and the 9.x software version? Multiple ASA have been successfully updated with the same software. The ASAs that have been updated without any problems are V06 versi...
Dear Cisco Customers and Partners,
We know that the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) is a critical element of your network security and so stability is of paramount importance. As a result, many of you asked us for a suggested release given sev...
Over 100-year-old Yokogawa Engineering Asia deploys Cisco Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) to shield itself against cyber attacks. With Cisco Talos threat intelligence, it stays ahead of the latest malicious behavior on the Internet. Learn more at http:/...