Helpful
Replies

ESA entering conservation mode many times

Soporteco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can anyone give me some light here.

Our ESA C390 is sending many alert messages saying:

This system (hostname:XXXXXXX) has exited 'resource conservation' mode as resource utilization has dropped below the conservation threshold.

I know that it means that the appliance had entered Resource conservation mode since it might had been running out of resources, or had had long income queues; but this message keeps arriving everyday, around every 2 hours. Sometimes even more often. What impact do we have about this? Is there something we should check to understand this situation? When we have received this message, I run statusdetail command, and I see something like the output I'm attaching. Nothing relevant.

Can anyone help us confirming whether we should concern about this alerts or not, what troubleshooting we can do about it, how can we check anything relevant, etc. Please?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the Async OS version on the appliance?

If the device is entering resource conservation mode often it could indicate an issue with the device configuration, load on the appliance or an issue with the Async OS on the appliance.

- Libin V

Hi Libin, ESA is running version 10.0.2-020. This wasn't happening before, only a few weeks ago. We recently upgraded to this version. Don't know what I can check; queues are not too high, RAM is fine, I'm quite worried that this could have any impact on ESA daily operation.

A reboot should be a workaround, however I would recommend opening a TAC case to confirm if the device is encountering a defect or if there is a better workaround available.

- Libin V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: