cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA-exhange server 2010 distribution group

ravi saini
Level 1
Level 1

in a internal exchage server 2010 i have configured dustribution group.

I've checked "require that all senders are authenticated" on the  Message delivery Restrictions properties of Message Delivery  Restrictions.

i am using ironport and i have configured a outgoing content filter to notify on the email address(dustribution group)  when any email subject header contains "abcd".

first everything was working fine and but now I've checked "require that all senders are authenticated" i am not able to get notification from ESA.

is there any way to configure some type of authentication profile on ironport to do so.

1 Reply 1

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Ravi,

if I understand you correctly, you have enabled sender authentication on your Exchange server for all incomming messages? In this case, you need to configure autgoing authentication on the ESA with a username and password for the Exchange server. The setting can be found under:

GUI: Network->SMTP Authentication

Choose to add a new profile, and make it "Outgoing", then provide the username and password the Exchange server was set up to accept incoming messages. Once submitted, also create an SMTP route for that Exchange server, where you specify the outgoing authentication profile. The user guide has a nice step by step tutorial for that, check the online help of the appliance for "Configuring AsyncOS for SMTP Authentication"

Hope that helps,

Andreas