Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA export and import many content filters

neilmccleane
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a production ESA with many content filters and policies active in place. We would like to script  a way to export and then import those filters\policies into our secondary DR ESA without going through the Web Gui front end. Is this possible and if so is there some documentation that could help us please?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can export and import the HAT from the command line. The basic command looks like this, using "batch mode". I used to do it with a cron script before centralized management was available.

listenerconfig edit NAME_OF_LISTENER hostaccess export/import FILENAME

The file ends up in the "configuration" directory. You can also do it from the normal CLI menu system by entering the commands one at a time.

More info can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/email-security-appliance/products-command-reference-list.html

kaizen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is the only thread I found regarding export of content filters so I am writing here. Beside export of the HAT table in a file which can be done from the GUI as well is there a way to export the Content filters? For example to export the Content filters which are a best practice and import them to another customer's device.

Regards,

E

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: