cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Incoming Mail Policy - Allow only certain senders to send mails to certain recipients

jkaufmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem: I want to block every mail, which is not coming from certain senders and sent to certain recipients.

Scenario:

I only want to allow "@abc.de" to send emails to "mydispatcher@test.at".

I thought it would be possible to create a Incoming Mail Policy with the following settings:

- Following Senders are Not: "@abc.de"

- Following Recipients are: "mydispatcher@test.at"

- "Only if all conditions match"

- Content-Filter that basically only has one setting: Action Bounce.

I tried to implement that, but it is not working. My test mail from "@gmail.com" never gets blocked.

That should work, right? Or am i missing something?

Regards,

Julian

3 Replies 3

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Julian,

What version of AsyncOS are you running? I filed a defect not too long ago for this exact behavior which may or may not be playing a part here. You can keep an eye on the defect for future fixed versions that are released.

ESA - Inconsistent Mail Policy Matching When Using 'Following Senders are Not'

Another thing you can do as a workaround is to create two policies. The first policy to match on the allowed sender/recipient, and then the second policy to match on any other sender sending to that recipient. Then, the approved senders should flow through and anyone else should hit the other mail policy and bounce.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Hello Dennis,

thanks for your reply. I'm currently running AsyncOS 11.1.0-086. I think we're running into this bug.

~ Julian

Very welcome. That does sound like the case then. For now, you can set it up using the workaround I provided and then monitor the defect for when a fixed/integrated version has been released.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: