Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Outbound to third party

Jennifer Fumoso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Long time ESA appliance administrator for our company  that needs some help. I read through the guides but still am not clear on what to do. We are using an ESA C195 for inbound and outbound filtering of our Exchange 2016 on-premise server.

So, I need to send all outbound email from the C195 to a third party email system while maintaining the inbound email to the appliance. Where in the settings should I add the FQDN of the cloud service to send the outbound ESA emails?

In Exchange there is a setting in the "Send Connector" to place the route emails "Smart Host" information. No such easy place in the ESA.

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks, J

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right. You now know the route is correct, and mail flow is as expected etc. You can now set "All other domains" to point to the same ip(s) and remove the gmail route, submit/commit and you're done.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Easiest thing to do is go to Network/Smtp routes and set the default to the IP(s) of the next hop. Make sure YOUR domains are properly set up in that table first.

You could test it by setting just one domain, say gmail, send yourself some mail at gmail, check headers to make sure the routing is right.

Hi,

Wow that was easy! Tested as you instructed and works perfectly. Question though I only used one domain "gmail.com" in the test route. But can I use a wildcard for all outbound domains. It would be very time consuming and error prone to enter all the domains our company corresponds with. What can I do to have a catch all for outbound domains?

Should I use the "All other Domains" field which is currently empty?

Thanks, J

Right. You now know the route is correct, and mail flow is as expected etc. You can now set "All other domains" to point to the same ip(s) and remove the gmail route, submit/commit and you're done.