Helpful
Replies

ESA Overall CPU Average Load

Jay Joshi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am facing the following issue with ESA CPU utilization

I frequently get alerts(zabbix alerts) for CPU util over threshold. Is this the reason ? What could be a fix for these numbers ?

[12+12 = 96 ?]

CPU Utilization
Email Security Appliance: 12.0%
Anti-Spam: 12.0%
Anti-Virus: 0.0%
Reporting: 0.0%
Quarantine: 0.0%
Overall CPU load average: 96.0%

Attached is the screenshot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rehan Latif
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The CPU load average is not a sum of mentioned processes (as it used to be in older versions). It is a running average of overall CPU usage. The mentioned processes are just a few processes involved in mail flow and there are quite a few other processes that runs in the backgroud.

If the Overall CPU load average is consistently high on that box, I would recommend opening a TAC case to see what is causing that high CPU.

If it is not consistent and you wish to adjust the alerts frequency, you can do that from:

GUI -> System Administration -> System Health.

Regards,

Rehan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Rehan Latif
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The CPU load average is not a sum of mentioned processes (as it used to be in older versions). It is a running average of overall CPU usage. The mentioned processes are just a few processes involved in mail flow and there are quite a few other processes that runs in the backgroud.

If the Overall CPU load average is consistently high on that box, I would recommend opening a TAC case to see what is causing that high CPU.

If it is not consistent and you wish to adjust the alerts frequency, you can do that from:

GUI -> System Administration -> System Health.

Regards,

Rehan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: