Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA quarantine forward mail

maraz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer that want to send mails that have been quarantined to himself, to his own mailadress. He would like to "view" them before releasing them. Is that possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can for policy quarantine, not for spam quarantine.

There is a feature request to allow this on spam quarantine in the future.

- Libin V

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Yes, it's possible.

You have to define "Send to an Alternate Envelope Recipient (optional)" on incoming mail policy, "antispam settings".

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I am aware you can do it via policy but customer want
to do it individual while going through the quarantine queue.

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The end user spam quarantine access allows end users to release emails intended for them which were caught by the anti-spam engine.

Similar access is not allowed for other system quarantines such as policy, virus and outbreak quarantines.

Regards,

Libin Varghese

Hello,

I understand, but this is not the enduser it is the E-mail administrator who
want to view the mail to be able to make deeper understanding of it and then
release it to the user if necessary.

The email administrator can view details of the email directly from the appliance for policy quarantine and even email a copy of the email to an alternate address.

From spam quarantine also you can click on the email subject to view its email body and header content.

- Libin V

Hello, but you can not from the quarantine mail to an alternate mailaddress
for futher investigation?

You can for policy quarantine, not for spam quarantine.

There is a feature request to allow this on spam quarantine in the future.

- Libin V

Libin, I noticed "Send to an Alternate Envelope Recipient (optional):" is not working when configured at policy level and "Apply This Action to Message:" is set to "Quarantine". It only works when "Apply This Action to Message:" is set to "Deliver". Is this a bug or is this by design?

Sorry, I get it now: it redirects all emails detected as a spam to this address. When action is set to Quarantine and when the message is released from quarantine it's redirected to the configured email address :)

Yes by design. A copy would be sent to the email address mentioned for Send to an Alternate Envelope Recipient.

The original email would continue to be processed and will get quarantined or delivered to the intended recipient.

Regards,

Libin Varghese

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: