cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESA Virtual Appliance LDAP Issues

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently testing the ESA virtual appliance, and I am having an issue with the LDAP setup. Now I have multiple other systems that use LDAP and they are working without with the same account so I do know that LDAP is working.

I use the wizard to connect to AD and it works on the initial setup. Once I go back to test server acess or run a test query for email spam quarantine it sits at connecting to server and never fails or completes successfully. Any thoughts on what I am missing here? I tried creating a new account with no luck. I have tried 389 and secure ports as well with no change.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is strange.

You could look at ldap_logs for the time when the test is performed and also set up a packet capture during the test to try and narrow down the cause.

-Libin V

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would seem like a connectivity issue.

I would suggest attempting to telnet to the LDAP server on the configured port to see if the ESA can reach the LDAP server and then proceed with the query tests.

If the telnet fails you may need to confirm the network configuration on the appliance and if traffic is allowed from this appliance to the LDAP server.

- Libin V

Telnet to the LDAP server from the ESA works without issue. It's odd if I run a query test for user's that works without issue. It only seems to be with the server connectivity test.

That is strange.

You could look at ldap_logs for the time when the test is performed and also set up a packet capture during the test to try and narrow down the cause.

-Libin V