cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ESAv on HyperV

jpelegrin
Level 1
Level 1

We only have a HyperV environment currently (Windows 2012 R2).  Has anyone gotten the ESAv appliance working on HyperV?  It seems that the etherconfig is the only holdup from being successful. Running etherconfig --> Media produces errors in etherconfig_media and interface not found.

Any help would be most appreciated.

All the Best,
Jeremy

5 Replies 5

Nope, not supported, emulated hardware isn't the same...

We have a Feature Enhancement request for this.

Bug ID: CSCuh94427 (Hyper V Support for virtual appliances)

Please use:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch

And you can create a notification for when this is release as functionality to our solution.

I would encourage you to call TAC and ask your company to be listed as sight for it. We currently have few customers requiring this if we compare to other features.

If you believe this or any other reply to your question is a good answer for it, please make sure you mark this discussion as answered.

Regards,

Valter

"CSCuh94427 - Insufficient Permissions to View Bug
This bug contains proprietary information and is not yet publicly available"

Large government customer. Hyper-V only.
Need to know roadmap for support of ESAV, WSAV, SMAV on Hyper-V

Hello,

There are currently no available road map information on this request, i would suggest should you wish to have further visibility to this request, please engage your Cisco Accounts manager to work with you and the product team further.

Regards,

Matthew

Please drop me an email (vdacosta@cisco.com) and we can arrange the call to discuss Road Map.

The official channel for this type of request though would be through your Sales team. The Security Account Manager or CSE (Consulting System Engineers) could assist in getting you in tough with our team.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: