Views
Helpful
Replies

How to filter any content(word) in the mail body or subject or email address

eahmed007
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can anybody tell me , how to filter any content(word) in the mail body or subject or email address in ESA .

Moreover , Please advice me ,how to filter language as we are facing problem to filter chines language like ( 员工调岗调薪及调整工作地点中,万万不能犯的N错误 )

It would be highly appreciated if anyone tell me the step by step process to do the above configuration .

I am eagerly waiting for your reply .

With regards

Erfan

4 Replies 4

Hi Erfan,

create dictionary that contains all "bad words" you'd like to match for body, subject & sender (1st screenshot).

Then create content filter similar to this one:

Order Condition Rule
1 Envelope Sender mail-from-dictionary-match("BadWords", 1)
2 Subject Header subject-dictionary-match("BadWords", 1)
3 Message Body body-dictionary-match("BadWords", 1)
4 Message Language message-language == "zh-cn,zh-tw"

Items 1-3 are used for matching Sender, Header and Body to text defined in dictionary you created in first step.

Item 4 is only available in AsyncOS 10: ESA can determine email language for 11 different languages.

Choose action for matching email messages (quarantine, drop....).

Last step would be binding new content filter with mail policy.

Hi Jernej ,

Thanks for your prompt reply .

ESA IOS version 10 and I have configured  message-language as per your below mentioned rules but it was not working for some chines language .

message-language == "zh-cn,zh-tw"

Is there any different types of chines language as filter is not working some times for chines language.

Looking forward to your valuable comments.

With regards 

Erfan

Hi Erfan,

I'd suggest you to open a TAC case to have a look at your issue when email's language is not correctly classified as Chinese language. I think there's not much more you can do.

Please keep us updated on this issue.

Hi Jernej ,

I will check and update you .

With regards

Erfan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: