cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How To get low MTW emails to pass?

jcarrabine1
Level 1
Level 1

We have some offsite marketing people who have an email address that is hosted through wowway.com (local cable company) and their email is getting rejected due to low MTA. We only have one email policy running on our C160 and have the address whitelisted, and placed them in the HAT exception table. This did not work. Next test I tried was to make a new mail policy with just our low MTA sender a member of this policy. In that policy I disabled anit-spam checking, and this did not work.

Are these people at the mercy of the results of senderbase.org, and have to wait until their score is raised to get mail to flow again, or is there a way to allow these senders?

Thanks for any help.                 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Under Network, Listeners, On your listerner name for Incoming Mail, click on HAT.  From there, create a "Greylist" and place it above all other Sender Groups.  Use the accepted policy and edit settings. On SBRS, leave both field blank and Submit.  Then in the Sender List, add the IP addresses of the domain your having problems with.

We use this on a daily basis to get emails in from our clients.  All AV and AS scanning will stil take place, just SenderBase will be bypassed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Under Network, Listeners, On your listerner name for Incoming Mail, click on HAT.  From there, create a "Greylist" and place it above all other Sender Groups.  Use the accepted policy and edit settings. On SBRS, leave both field blank and Submit.  Then in the Sender List, add the IP addresses of the domain your having problems with.

We use this on a daily basis to get emails in from our clients.  All AV and AS scanning will stil take place, just SenderBase will be bypassed.

Thanks for the advice. I have put this in place and I am waiting on my senders to test I will report back.

Yep that worked. Thank you my friend!

I don't really get it because the things I did above seemed like they would have worked too, but whatever, as long as that is out of my hair.

Have a good day.