Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Update Antivirus Offline.

mxadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

I am trying to find what is the best practice in regard to update my antivirus (mcafee & sophos) offline.

I had to upgrade my ESA with an offline upgrade.

Cordially,

mxadmin.

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco best practice to auto update, since most of the signatures will be up to date  to protect network.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118062-qanda-esa-00.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for your help, however, my appliance has no access to Internet.
I have to manually supply a local server with the AV updates.

I can Clearly understand your requirement, i do not see myself that option user point of view, may be cisco have inheritance command from shell level to configure this for you to do this, but general no i guess.

lets wait some other cisco tac comment.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

If you have a requirement for offline engine (AS/AV/DLP/Etc) updates then you'll need to work with your account/sales team. We would help you setup a local server to pull them down, which then supplies them to the ESA.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Dear Dennis,

Can it done manually (copy/paste) from the "local server" to another isolated internal server ?

Cordially,

mxadmin

Hello,

I believe there is a process for this, yes; however, I do not personally work on setting up those servers so I'm not aware of all the details.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

I suppose, this exists.

I would like to find some docs, technotes about how to implement this.

If you can help...

Cordially,

mxadmin.

Hello,

The documentation is all internal so unfortunately there's nothing available for public consumption. You would need to bring up the request with your account team and they'll be able to get you in touch with the right people to help get it setup. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.