cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming Email not relaying to Exchange Server

iccuCisco
Level 1
Level 1

We are using a McAfee SAAS solution and all incoming Emails flow through the SAAS environment before coming into our C170.  

McAfee --> C170 --> Exchange, when we test from the SAAS environment the connection is verified but no mail is reaching our Exchange environment.

Outgoing Email is working fine, just an issue with incoming, any sugestions, did I miss something.

Thank you,

Stephen

2 Replies 2

This situation can be troubleshot much like other delivery issues.  Here is how I recommend starting:

First we want to look at the Delivery Status for the specific domain.  This can be done using 'hoststatus' from the CLI or the Delivery Status page of the GUI:

First look at the 'Ordered IP Addresses' - do these reflect Exchange's IPs?

- If not, you will want to add an SMTP Route entry for the inbound domain.  This is on the Network tab.

Check the 'Last 5XX Error'

- If this shows a generic rejection, it may be that Exchange is refusing the delivery attempts.

Check 'Unattempted Recipients' count vs 'Attempted Recipients' count

- If Attempted Recipients is higher, it suggests many emails are soft bounced recently.  This can indicate a temporary rejection on the Exchange server.

With these data points in mind, I then suggest using 'grep' from the CLI to search for the affected domain.  Like so:

grep domain mail_logs

At the end of the output, look for any obvious errors or rejections and then troubleshoot those specific errors/rejections.

I hope this helps get you started on troubleshooting your inbound delivery issue between the ESA and Exchange!

- Jackie

Thank you, I will try these steps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: