Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming IPv6 hits sender group SUSPECTLIST due to lack of SBRS score

I realized that all incoming connections using IPv6 to us has a no SBRS score and therefore are hitting the sender group SUSPECTLIST. Senders with no score should be treated as suspect according to Cisco best practice, but it becomes a problem when no sending IPv6 hosts seem to have a score. I searched on Talosintelligence.com about 50 IPv6 addresses of Swedish sending e-mail hosts, known to me. None of them have a SBRS score.

Anyone else experiencing this or am I alone?

It is really frustrating and hard to explain to our end users when perfectly ok e-mails don't arrive. I like to try and follow best practice, but it's not ok that 14 percent of legit incoming connections are blocked for not having a SBRS score.

I'm very grateful for all help I can get and hopefully with your help I can solve it.

Regards

Michael

3 Replies 3

SriramV
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TALOS Sender IP Reputation system does support IPv6, Rise a defect with TAC team. 

Hi,

I just did and got a fast reply to read these articles. Didn't help a lot. 

“ESA FAQ: What does the SBRS value of "none" mean, and how can you detect these scores?”
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/117903-qa-sbrs-00.html

also this one :
“How are SenderBase Reputation Scores (SBRS) determined, and what do they mean?”
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118380-technote-esa-00.html

I have answered them and hope for a more informative reply. If I get an answer I will update this thread.

Regards

Michael

Just wanted to inform that it wasn't much point opening a TAC. I closed it since we were getting nowhere in the matter, I hope it'll be better in the future. For now I will accept messages with no reputation since I work for a government agency that aren't very acceptable to false positives.

Regards

Michael