Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming IPv6 hits sender group SUSPECTLIST due to lack of SBRS score

I realized that all incoming connections using IPv6 to us has a no SBRS score and therefore are hitting the sender group SUSPECTLIST. Senders with no score should be treated as suspect according to Cisco best practice, but it becomes a problem when no sending IPv6 hosts seem to have a score. I searched on Talosintelligence.com about 50 IPv6 addresses of Swedish sending e-mail hosts, known to me. None of them have a SBRS score.

Anyone else experiencing this or am I alone?

It is really frustrating and hard to explain to our end users when perfectly ok e-mails don't arrive. I like to try and follow best practice, but it's not ok that 14 percent of legit incoming connections are blocked for not having a SBRS score.

I'm very grateful for all help I can get and hopefully with your help I can solve it.

Regards

Michael

3 Replies 3

SriramV
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TALOS Sender IP Reputation system does support IPv6, Rise a defect with TAC team. 

Hi,

I just did and got a fast reply to read these articles. Didn't help a lot. 

“ESA FAQ: What does the SBRS value of "none" mean, and how can you detect these scores?”
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/117903-qa-sbrs-00.html

also this one :
“How are SenderBase Reputation Scores (SBRS) determined, and what do they mean?”
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/118380-technote-esa-00.html

I have answered them and hope for a more informative reply. If I get an answer I will update this thread.

Regards

Michael

Just wanted to inform that it wasn't much point opening a TAC. I closed it since we were getting nowhere in the matter, I hope it'll be better in the future. For now I will accept messages with no reputation since I work for a government agency that aren't very acceptable to false positives.

Regards

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: