Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport C170 Config file restore

pravin.bhavsar1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We have 2 clustered Ironport server with AsyncOS 7.5.2  with site 1 and now we are building new DR site for Exchange 2010 and buiding Ironport on DR site.

We have one ironport AsyncOS 7.6.2 for Cisco IronPort C170 build 201 at DR site.

We have to restore configuration file from Site 1 to DR site.

Can you please provide me the steps to restore the file from site 1 to DR site

I have removed the one node from ironport cluster from site 1 and taken the backup of the configuration file.

Regards,

Pravin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pravin -

You will need to upgrade all appliances to the same revision in order to have the configuration used from site 1 to the DR.  Also, 7.5.2 and 7.6.2 are EOL, and you would be strongly suggested to upgrade to the minimum of 7.6.3-019 for all appliances.

After that - it would just be a matter of looking at this two ways - while upgrading the appliances at site 1, just save the configuration copy once upgraded as needed to 7.6.3-019.  Make a copy and modify the Network Configuration section: Hostname, Interface <IP>, Routing Table... and then load that copy on the DR site.

Or - the other way to look at it would be to just join the DR site to the cluster.  That way all configuration is shared among the three appliances.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pravin -

You will need to upgrade all appliances to the same revision in order to have the configuration used from site 1 to the DR.  Also, 7.5.2 and 7.6.2 are EOL, and you would be strongly suggested to upgrade to the minimum of 7.6.3-019 for all appliances.

After that - it would just be a matter of looking at this two ways - while upgrading the appliances at site 1, just save the configuration copy once upgraded as needed to 7.6.3-019.  Make a copy and modify the Network Configuration section: Hostname, Interface <IP>, Routing Table... and then load that copy on the DR site.

Or - the other way to look at it would be to just join the DR site to the cluster.  That way all configuration is shared among the three appliances.

I hope this helps!

-Robert

(*If you have received the answer to your original question, and found this helpful/correct - please mark the question as answered, and be sure to leave a rating to reflect!)

Hi Robert,

We have upgraded DR ironport to 8.0.1-023 but while trying the same with site 1 it is showing only 7.6.2.

are we able to upgrade those device to 8.0.1-23?

Regards,

Pravin

Pravin - send me a direct message at robsherw@cisco.com with your serials for your appliances. Let me review and see what may be occurring.

-Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: