Views
Helpful
Replies

IronPort is down

rockbd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I am using trail to check either how ironport email security is. So i active 45 days trail feature key. It was working find but today i updated ironport email security to Version: 11.1.1-037 after update the system get restarted then the various service is off mainly the mail communication is down. The error is following

An application fault occurred: ('egg/filters.py deserialize|12239', "<type 'exceptions.TypeError'>", '__init__() takes at most 3 arguments (4 given)', '[_coro.pyx coro._coro._wrap1 (coro/_coro.c:8505)|757] [egg/vtl.py config_change|31] [egg/vtl.py _generate_vtl_filters|55] [egg/perrcpt_data.py __init__|331] [egg/perrcpt_data.py deserialize|670] [egg/perrcpt_data.py _deserialize_filterset|628] [egg/filters.py deserialize|12828] [egg/filters.py deserialize|12239]')

I can't open a support ticket as the purchase process is going on.

Can anyone help me to save my life.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

So we opened a support tunnel for cisco support and get the following response:

The problem here is a newly discovered bug ( today) . This bug is still on works by our developers, the best option for now is to boot back again to the previous working version.

We will go back to previous version.

View solution in original post

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We came across a severe defect in 11.1.1-037 and it has since been removed from our upgrade servers. If you're able to open up a support case with TAC then I would recommend doing so as we can assist with stabilizing the ESA. If not, then yes you would need to manually revert and re-apply any configuration that was previously in place.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you doing trail version you only need to evaluate the product and buy proper support for further technical support.

Looks like you have encounter while upgrading to latest version - have you read the upgrade procedures before upgrade.

If you have backup of the config. Try to role back to old version see if the problem fixed.

If this Live environment do it in change window. 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes i think i made a mistake as i am new to this solution (ironport mail security).

How to restore? Any suggestion.

We have the same problem, with our second appliance and created a helpdesk at cisco support.

In order to revert to previous version, AND loose all the settings (license included), you can use revert command on affected appliance. If you have a cluster you must delete / reimport keys in order to rejoin affected machine to existing cluster.

You'll get a new serial number for the virtual appliance after use of revert command.

Be aware to save config file out of the system before using revert command !

So we opened a support tunnel for cisco support and get the following response:

The problem here is a newly discovered bug ( today) . This bug is still on works by our developers, the best option for now is to boot back again to the previous working version.

We will go back to previous version.

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We came across a severe defect in 11.1.1-037 and it has since been removed from our upgrade servers. If you're able to open up a support case with TAC then I would recommend doing so as we can assist with stabilizing the ESA. If not, then yes you would need to manually revert and re-apply any configuration that was previously in place.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Thanks all for the reply.

As i am running the email security trail mode i can't open ticket.

Hoping next time bug testing in update could be done more carefully.

Thanks to all again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: