cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ironport - Whitelist/Blacklist

David Steinberg
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way I can add a Email address to an individuals Whitelist/Blacklist?   There are some email addresses I do not want to block on a global scale.   We switched to ironports from Watchguard and in the watchguard it was possible.

I know the user can login and add it but there are times where it would just be easier if the IT staff did it.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Yes... its circuitous but it works...

Go to System Administration/Configuration File, and back up the End-User Safelist/Blocklist. It saves as a CSV.

Go to the ESA via FTP, cd to the configuration directory and download the CSV

Edit the CSV

Upload it back to the ESA

Go to System Administration/Configuration File, and restore the End-User Safelist/Blocklist.

I do not see individual names here.    No offense but this would be ridiculous to do this every time I need to change someone's whitelist/blacklist.  

1.  Don't look at me, I just answer questions here... I don't work for Cisco.

2. You won't see individual names... The first column contains all of each users' possible email addresses (eg this used before spam quarantine consolidation... )  When I do this, I add it to just their current address.

It would probably be easier to write a little doc to show your users how to use the "release and add to safelist button" in their spam quarantine...

LOL... I didn't mean to offend you.  I just think there has to be (or should be) a better way.

We have a doc but as you know end users are not the brightest :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: