cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to replace/rewrite the Return-Path header?

romain.dubois
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to change the Return-Path header with another value.

I am able to change the MAIL FROM with a masquerqde rule, that works, but the Return-Path header stays unchanged.

Also with a Content Filter, it is not changeable...

Any idea?

Regards

3 Replies 3

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Romain,

depends if you want to change the full address in the Reply-To:  header, or only parts of it. For the full header, simply use two actions in content or message filter to replace it:

Strip Header: Reply To

Add Header: Reply To:  New Address

That's the way how it works. In message filteres, there is also an action called

edit-header-text

where the header value can be changed based on a regular expression. The (online) help guide has some examples for that.

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

this means changing  the Reply-To header will also change the Return-Path header?

Regards

Hello Romain,

I suppose I misunderstood your request, the Return-Path is created from the envelope header, so changing the Reply-To header will not change this. May I ask what you have in mind by changing the Return Path header? There would be no direct method of doing this, only the possibility to use the BCC action in filters, and specify the Return-Path there.

Regards,

Andreas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: