Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue when upgrading to version 14

jds5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We could not finalize the upgrade to 14.0.0 – 698.

Two failed attempts, with the error message attached.

In addition, following the expiration of the license yesterday, we again have error messages in the logs:

Wed Feb 23 18:25:54 2022 Info: Dynamic manifest fetch failure: Failed to authenticate with manifest server

Thu Feb 24 14:23:04 2022 Warning: Failure downloading upgrade list: Failed to authenticate with manifest server

We are currently on 13.5.1-277

I'm aware of bug CSCvy23969 but I'm not sure I'm affected by this one!

Our platform is ESA C100v

Best Regards,

José

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be  worth reboot the device and intiate the upgrade  againa and let us know.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

tim.cole
Level 1
Level 1

This impacted us over the weekend as well and has continued today.

We've been trying to use the inbuilt updater as well as the "manual" process to try and isolate the issue. 

The attached images are browser screenshots showing the certificate errors we get in a browser. Something has gone awry with the Akamai CDN.

Standard http downloads seem to be working ok for Phoebe images, but anything Zeus is broken. Other errors I've seen have had "Server Hangup" when trying to download from the manifest page. Unfortunately we need to upgrade the management appliances (zeus) first, so until that's fixed we aren't upgrading anything.

This has been tested through our corporate network, two disparate Internet connections and across a VPN from Australia to the US (to hit a different Akamai mirror) and the same outcomes are observed.

Tim

we are not sure what went wrong here.

there is option upgrade, download only, try Download first before upgrade intiated.

we are commnuity to help, if this is effecting Live environment suggest to contact TAC.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jds5
Level 1
Level 1

We tried the reboot unfortunately without success

jds5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, is there anyone who has faced this problem of updating with version 14?

Not with the number of weird things you're seeing, no... you probably should open a TAC case at this point.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: