Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues Accessing the GUI from FireFox

Currently we have an ESA c170 running 9.7.0-125. When trying to access the GUI from FireFox (version 42.0 in Windows 10) we get this error:

An error occurred during a connection to [Address of ESA] The server rejected the handshake because the client downgraded to a lower TLS version than the server supports. (Error code: ssl_error_inappropriate_fallback_alert)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Is there a way to get this GUI to load in FireFox again? We can get around the issue by using IE, but it's just odd that this stopped working. I'm sure there's a setting under System Administration -- SSL Configuration but I am not sure what the right combo would be.

On a semi-related note I am unable to get the disclaimer text editor to load (under Mail Policies --> Text Resources --> Edit Text Resources)  I will upload an attachment for what that looks like.

2 Replies 2

I was able to resolve the issue with an SSL cert. 

I generated a new SSL, then applied it to the Management interface

Hey Justin,

Sorry for the late reply, but i believe you were matching:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/email-security-appliance/200025-9-5-and-newer-AsyncOS-for-Email-Security.html

Where the old certs on the device pre 9.6/9.7 will not work and will give this SSL error.

Regards,

Matthew