Views
Helpful
Replies

Machine is not in cluster when using clustershow in filters configuration

Joko Wibowo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When i was checking the Filters configuration on cluster i found that one of all machines was not in cluster.

i check in machine usage it is not in cluster. When i checked using clustercheck there is not inconsistencies.

Clustershow comand show like this :

[]> clustershow

filters Settings
================

Configured at mode:
Cluster: Yes
Group Main_Group: No
Machine xx1: No
Machine xx2: No
Machine xx3: Yes
Machine xx4: No

Machine Usage:
Machine xx1: Cluster MX_CLUSTER
Machine xx2: Cluster MX_CLUSTER
Machine xx3: Machine xx3
Machine xx4: Cluster MX_CLUSTER

what is the meaning of that?

Is there any method that can checked that the configuration in cluster work fine beside using clustercheck command?

Thanks & Regards,

J A Wibowo

2 Replies 2

munbali
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joko,

the shared logs do not mean that the machine is not in the cluster,

it just means that the filters are configured in the machine level for that appliance, but for the other appliances they are all on the cluster level

machine level settings override cluster level

as for the no inconsistencies seen, this means that the cluster settings are all the same on all of the machines thus there is no inconsistency

in order to resolve this issue you would need to login to that machine, and confirm the machine level filters if they differ from the cluster level filters,

if they don't , and you would like for that machine to use the cluster settings then you can issue the sub-command clusterset from the filters command

then choose delete from machine (option 7), this way the machine will be back to using the filters in the cluster level

if there were differences. you need to check which configuration would you like to use, if it was the cluster level filters, then you can follow the above steps

if you want to use the machine level filters in the entire cluster then you can also issue the command clusterset and use the first option of move to cluster, then back again and delete the settings from the machine

the reason the settings need to be deleted from the machine level is as already mentioned, any machine level settings override the cluster level , so it is required to delete them for the appliance to get any configuration updates done on the cluster level

Best Regards,

Muna Bali

Hi Mani,

Many Thanks for your reply.
Yes, i would like for that machine to use the cluster setting.
So i should delete filter configuration in machine and machine automatically use the cluster configuration right?
From CLI should i execute in the xx3 machine or it can in other machine?
Could you give me step by step to delete it from machine (with the output of CLI) because i should present it first before take a change :) .

BR,
J A Wibowo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: