cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mail bounced from internal relay host to the esa

jab-andreh52
Level 1
Level 1

we have a ESA (c170) as a incoming und outgoing relay for our emails.

because of the bad AntiVirus engine, we have decided to add a second relay behind the esa: the Kaspersky Mail Gateway (further namesd as KSMG)

this works fine, the KSMG scan all the incoming mails (again) and can so find viruses and phising emails much better than the ESA (with the Sophos Scan Engine.

BUT, when the KSMG find mails with attached files with viruses and (as configured) put this in Quarantane, the ESA becomes a delay message, bounce the mail and try to resend it, again and again, until the bounce time if over (see the attached log)

SO, how can I set this off, that the message'll only send one time?

thx

Andre

1 Reply 1

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Looking at the mail log you provided, it seems like the receiving device (Kaspersky Gateway) is either throttling the ESA and/or something is breaking the connection between the two.

I would make sure the ESA is not being throttled from the Kaspersky Gateway and that everything is working fine between the devices. If all that looks good, I would recommend opening up a TAC case and we can assist in reviewing the logs further and possibly obtaining a packet capture if needed.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.