Views
Helpful
Replies

Message Filter Help/Question

Doug Maxfield
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,
We use the KnowBe4 product for Email Testing for our users. Some of the tests are containing attachments that AMP "says" are Malicious. We want to make sure that these emails are able to be delivered to our users. I created the following message filter and want to make sure that it will do the job.

Allow KnowBe4 emails in, bypassing all filters

allow_KnowBe4: if (recv-listener == "IncomingMail" AND header ("X-PHISHTEST") == "KnowBe4")
{
skip-spamcheck();
skip-viruscheck();
skip-ampcheck();
skip-marketingcheck();
skip-socialcheck();
skip-bulkcheck();
skip-vofcheck();
skip-filters();
}

We can guarantee that each email from KnowBe4 will contain the above X-Header and will contain the word "KnowBe4". The actual value is "This is a phishing security test from KnowBe4 that has been authorized by the recipient organization". Though it would be easier just to search for a word instead of the phrase.

Thanks,
Doug

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

That filter will work for the purpose you have described.

Do you have any other questions ?

View solution in original post

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just a quick add just incase someone else is going to use your filter; a syntax correction:

allow_KnowBe4:
if (recv-listener == "IncomingMail") AND (header("X-PHISHTEST") == "KnowBe4")
{
skip-spamcheck();
skip-viruscheck();
skip-ampcheck();
skip-marketingcheck();
skip-socialcheck();
skip-bulkcheck();
skip-vofcheck();
skip-filters();
}

Cheers,
Matthew

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marc.luescherFRE
Spotlight
Spotlight

That filter will work for the purpose you have described.

Do you have any other questions ?

I use KnowBe4 too. We use a Mail Policy to do the same thing. The envelope sender is @knowbe4.com

Thanks Ken.  I had that in the Mail Policy of allowed users, but somehow, this test didn't follow the normal testing that had been done.  We attempted to include attachments and other random items and this caused the emails to come from the IP addresses of KnowBe4, but the Envelope Sender was different.  So, of course, it used the Default Mail Policy instead of the KnowBe4 mail policy.

I figured it would be easier to use a Message Filter and bypass everything at the connection instead of "bringing it in" and processing it.

Now if we could only "bypass" O365 malware scanning, it would be much better.

Doug

Well the bad spirit in me says based on experience they will not catch all......

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Just a quick add just incase someone else is going to use your filter; a syntax correction:

allow_KnowBe4:
if (recv-listener == "IncomingMail") AND (header("X-PHISHTEST") == "KnowBe4")
{
skip-spamcheck();
skip-viruscheck();
skip-ampcheck();
skip-marketingcheck();
skip-socialcheck();
skip-bulkcheck();
skip-vofcheck();
skip-filters();
}

Cheers,
Matthew