cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing Link to Quarantine in recipient notification sent by filter (email security appliance C170)

Hi,

In the email security appliance C170 (8.5.6-106) we defined an Incoming Content Filter

which sends eMails from a specific sender to Quarantine and a notification to the recipient.

But in this notification a link to the quarantine is missing in contrary to spam notifications.

I couldn't find any configuration possibility to include or not a link.

So, is this a bug or indeed a bad configuration from our side?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Mathew Huynh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Jannis,

The spam quarantine notification configured within your spam quarantine is the only notification sent that can contain access to the spam quarantine URL for the specific user.

Else if you're using a content filter to do the notifications and quarantining through a content filter, it would generally not go to the end user spam quarantine, but a administrator only policy quarantine, so there will not be access to these quarantines.

Regards,

Matthew

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for the answer.

Nevertheless, I don't completely understand the following two point :

1)  "...it would GENERALLY not go to the end user spam quarantine,..."

That sounds to me like there would  be a possibility to configure it accordingly.

2) What does "but a administrator only policy quarantine," mean exactly?

Thanks

Jannis

Hello Jannis,

I used generally, is because with creative use of the content filter, you can use the content filter to push it into the spam quarantine but not generally recommended setup.

However any notifications generated from your content filter, if you have a notify rule would use a custom notification template that you define in Text Resources.

It will not be the spam quarantine digest from your content filter.

So unless you have added the URL of your spam quarantine directly into your notification templates where the end-user will click and need to login, there will be no actual spam notification digest with the same info you would see under GUI > Monitor > Spam Quarantine and that notification there.

When you choose a 'quarantine' action in your content filter.

You will note in the drop down it is only our custom policy quarantines, these are admin only access.

Regards,

Matthew