Helpful
Replies

move from c100v to c300v

toolshed1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm thinking of moving our ESA from c100 to c300 VM

Would it be possible to deploy c300 and just import/export config from c100, if they are on the same version?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

I've done it, it's pretty simple.

Put a temporary IP on its management interface, put the license on it.

Make sure it can get all of the updates, including the various security bits. (For example they recently updated web categories) If things don't match, your config won't apply.

Stop the listeners on the old one, let the work queue empty.

If you need to keep the other box handy (e.g. for quarantined messages), change its IPs, otherwise, shut it down.

Apply the config to the new box.

If you're using envelope encryption, open a TAC case to get it registered with CRES.

If you're using AMP, register your new vm with the AMP console

If you have at ThreatGrid account, open a different TAC case to get your ESA tied to your TG account.

If you have SecureX register your new vm with the Security Exchange/SecureX...

There may be something in that last list that I'm missing, but that would get mail moving.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Yes.

I've done it, it's pretty simple.

Put a temporary IP on its management interface, put the license on it.

Make sure it can get all of the updates, including the various security bits. (For example they recently updated web categories) If things don't match, your config won't apply.

Stop the listeners on the old one, let the work queue empty.

If you need to keep the other box handy (e.g. for quarantined messages), change its IPs, otherwise, shut it down.

Apply the config to the new box.

If you're using envelope encryption, open a TAC case to get it registered with CRES.

If you're using AMP, register your new vm with the AMP console

If you have at ThreatGrid account, open a different TAC case to get your ESA tied to your TG account.

If you have SecureX register your new vm with the Security Exchange/SecureX...

There may be something in that last list that I'm missing, but that would get mail moving.