cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

new domain added send 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected error

tobonve74
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Ironport C380 with AsyncOS version 9.7.0-125, i added a new domain to the RAT and SMTP routes, when sending email from external email accounts we are receiving this error "Remote server returned an error -> 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.".

I have checked the mail_logs and see this error:

rejected by SMTP Call-Ahead using IP. (550 5.7.1 Unable to relay)
Wed Mar 29 15:22:48 2017 Info: Message aborted MID 5988436 Receiving aborted by sender

I have configured 65 domains in the Ironport the same way and this time is not allowing the incoming emails for the new domain recently added. The exchange configuration is the same for all the domains configured in the Iron Port.

Is something new i have to do for the new domain?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When you configure your Email Security appliance for SMTP call-ahead recipient validation, the Email Security appliance suspends the SMTP conversation with the sending MTA while it “calls ahead” to the SMTP server to verify the recipient. When the appliance queries the SMTP server, it returns the SMTP server’s response to the Email Security appliance. The Email Security appliance resumes the SMTP conversation and sends a response to the sending MTA, allowing the conversation to continue or dropping the connection based on the SMTP server response (and settings you configure in the SMTP Call-Ahead profile).

SMTP call ahead is configured under Network -> SMTP Call-Ahead and enabled on the incoming Listener.

To configure bypassing SMTP call-ahead validation via the GUI, select Bypass SMTP Call-Ahead when you add or edit the RAT entry.

Thank You!
Libin Varghese

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

When you configure your Email Security appliance for SMTP call-ahead recipient validation, the Email Security appliance suspends the SMTP conversation with the sending MTA while it “calls ahead” to the SMTP server to verify the recipient. When the appliance queries the SMTP server, it returns the SMTP server’s response to the Email Security appliance. The Email Security appliance resumes the SMTP conversation and sends a response to the sending MTA, allowing the conversation to continue or dropping the connection based on the SMTP server response (and settings you configure in the SMTP Call-Ahead profile).

SMTP call ahead is configured under Network -> SMTP Call-Ahead and enabled on the incoming Listener.

To configure bypassing SMTP call-ahead validation via the GUI, select Bypass SMTP Call-Ahead when you add or edit the RAT entry.

Thank You!
Libin Varghese

Thanks is working now, i also rebooted the equipment and the exchange server.

Glad to help.

- Libin V

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: