Views
Helpful
Replies

No data was found ... in Outgoing Senders

d1pol01978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our ironports work as a relayhosts for local hosts and only send emails to the outside world.

We've got configured only one listener of type = private. Almost all emails hits  "Relayed" flow policy.

We've many hosts and we send emails from many domains eg. 

I'd like to see how many emails are being sent from a given domain. As you can see from attached screenshots there are

plenty emails sent but there are no data in Outgoing Senders stats page.

Why is that ? What am I missing here ?

Thanks for any help.

screens attached ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

That shows you the domains of the sending hosts, not the envelope sender domains. If you select IP Addresses you will see that it shows the IPs of the hosts you are getting mail from.

You will not see any outgoing domains when the appliance can't do a reverse lookup on the IP. This can happen for several reasons.

You could use Message Tracking to count the number of items from a particular domain but that has a maximum limit of 1000. If it were me I would download the mail_logs and directly count the messages using grep or something similar.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

That shows you the domains of the sending hosts, not the envelope sender domains. If you select IP Addresses you will see that it shows the IPs of the hosts you are getting mail from.

You will not see any outgoing domains when the appliance can't do a reverse lookup on the IP. This can happen for several reasons.

You could use Message Tracking to count the number of items from a particular domain but that has a maximum limit of 1000. If it were me I would download the mail_logs and directly count the messages using grep or something similar.

d1pol01978
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help.

I'll do as you say, do some searching in mail logs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: