Views
Helpful
Replies

Quarantine notification language

lilianamartinez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people, 

I hope you doing well , I have a little question , If I change the Spam Quarantine language I will receive the emails notification in this language or it is english by default?

Thank you so much.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ppreenja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

To answer your query, if you change the spam quarantine language locally via the spam quarantine login page it won't change the language of the email notifications received since it depends on the default language selected in the spam quarantine notification settings on the ESA appliance.

To check on the default language settings follow the below steps:

Login to GUI --> Monitor -->Spam Quarantine--> Click on Spam Quarantine hyperlink-->Spam Notification section --> Default Language (attached screenshot)

Also, attaching spam notification testing for different languages (English and French) herewith.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers,
Pratham

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes, based on the selected Language, you'll receive and see your Quarantine in the chosen language. This is a per-user settings, each user can individually change it for its own quarantine. See attached in English and Spanish.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

ppreenja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

To answer your query, if you change the spam quarantine language locally via the spam quarantine login page it won't change the language of the email notifications received since it depends on the default language selected in the spam quarantine notification settings on the ESA appliance.

To check on the default language settings follow the below steps:

Login to GUI --> Monitor -->Spam Quarantine--> Click on Spam Quarantine hyperlink-->Spam Notification section --> Default Language (attached screenshot)

Also, attaching spam notification testing for different languages (English and French) herewith.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers,
Pratham

Thanks so much for this information, the costumer is receiving this notifications but the spam  option is disabled as you can see in the next picture so I was wondering if changing the default language the notifications will sent in the same language.

Hello,

If the customer is receiving the spam notification then either some filter is configured to notify them (in which case English is only default) or it must be configured either on the ESA or SMA in your environment. Have you checked for SMA being configured in your environment?
Once you are able to figure out the same, so any changes done in the spam notification for default language will make sure that you'll receive the spam notification in that language. By default, English is only configured for the appliance.

I hope that explains.

Cheers,
Pratham
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: