Views
Helpful
Replies

Registration of Cisco (IronPort) ESA C170 and Purchase of TAC Support Agreement

mstevensuk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am am unable to login to the C170 with admin UN/PWD and understand that i need to contact Cisco for a temp password for the adminpassword account.

We do not have a Cisco Account so i tried to register the device at Cisco Device using the SN shown on the white sticker at the back of the device.

The Serial Number is accepted but shows that the device is a ASA 5512-X/5515-X Interface Card not a Cisco ESA (ironport) C170 !!!

The support licence would appear to be a CON-SNT-C170-K9 but I am wary of purchasing the license if i cannot associate it with the correct registered device.

Is there something different about registering Ironport devices?

Thanks

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey Mike,

Thank you for the screenshot, that clarified it.

The second last character is the letter "B'.

Device details

C4641339058B-FGL164440BM
C170
9.7.0-125

You should be able to register with the above serial number.

Thanks

Libin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Libin Varghese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mike,

I would recommend contacting your sales or accounts team to get the device added to your active contract. The process to register the appliance should be the same for all Cisco devices.

I suspect the serial number you saw belongs to a physical part of the ESA and not the ESA itself, resulting in the different description.

If you could share the serial number you see, I can confirm if that comes up as an ESA C170 in our database.

I can confirm the support SKU CON-SNT-C170-K9 is valid as per the below ordering guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/email-security/guide-c07-736692.html

Thanks

Libin V

Hello

The serial number shown on the white label is FGL1644408M and it has Cisco brand markers on the device.

Picture below shows the Serial Number white sticker.

Cheers

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thank you for the screenshot, that clarified it.

The second last character is the letter "B'.

Device details

C4641339058B-FGL164440BM
C170
9.7.0-125

You should be able to register with the above serial number.

Thanks

Libin