Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping outbound spam scanning for a group of IP addresses

SomeOtherITGuy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I need to stop outbound spam scanning for emails that originate from a group of IP addresses. The IP's are gateways that we use to encrypt email. It seems that the spam engine picks these up so we'd like it not to scan if the mail has been relayed from one of these addresses. 

My first attempt at this was to create a sender group in HAT overview and then a new outgoing mail policy, with a connection behaviour of accept, that had spam scanning disabled. This wasn't successful and caused a mil loop. 

Can anyone advise a better way of doing this or the appropriate corrections to what I tried above?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Make sure you're putting those IPS in the "RelayList" HAT group tied to your outbound listener.  Make sure its being delivered to the IP/port that matches the outbound listener. 

Capture.PNG

Then in Mail Policy/Outgoing Mail Policies, make sure antispam is turned off (should be by default....)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Make sure you're putting those IPS in the "RelayList" HAT group tied to your outbound listener.  Make sure its being delivered to the IP/port that matches the outbound listener. 

Capture.PNG

Then in Mail Policy/Outgoing Mail Policies, make sure antispam is turned off (should be by default....)

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your reply. 

Think that's the way we'll go. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: