cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Stamp on Secured Message

Paul Johnston
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there any way of changing the Time Stamp on in the Secured Message Header Date? It is always in GMT and customer would like it to be in the local time as configured on the device, checked the manuals can't find anything but suspect it is tied down for recipient, to allow data to be used independently from the appliance or when referencing data from appliances in multiple time zones.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

The time stamps on Cisco Registered Envelope Service emails are based on  the CRES server's time settings, which are set to universal time  (UTC/GMT), and cannot be changed by the user.  This applies to all of  our CRES customers globally; which is why GMT is used.

For your reference:

Can the time stamps on CRES messages be changed from GMT?

Knowledge Base Answer ID: 1771

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/E395d

I hope this helps.

-Valter

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephan Bayer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

You can change the time with CLI command "settime" like below:

Welcome to the Cisco IronPort X1070 Messaging Gateway(tm) Appliance

tarheel.rtp> settime

WARNING: Changes to system time will take place immediately and do not require the user to run the commit command.

Current time Tue Sep 17 08:03:17 2013 MDT.

Please enter the time in MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS format.

[]>

Thanks Stephan, the clock is correct is correct in the cli and is set to BST, however on the timestamp on the date header in the secure email it's set to GMT, I think it can't be set for the header, just need confirmation that is so for the customer, if I'm right.............

Hi Paul,

I currently don't see a way to change the timezone that is listed in Message Tracking.

Sorry about that!

Stephan

Hi there,

The time stamps on Cisco Registered Envelope Service emails are based on  the CRES server's time settings, which are set to universal time  (UTC/GMT), and cannot be changed by the user.  This applies to all of  our CRES customers globally; which is why GMT is used.

For your reference:

Can the time stamps on CRES messages be changed from GMT?

Knowledge Base Answer ID: 1771

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/E395d

I hope this helps.

-Valter

Valter, it does, may thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: