Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracking database

spepin001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We had to move our M170 to a new location, and we stopped centralized tracking system during few days.

Now the m170 is in final place, I'm wondering if it's possible to retrieve data from then tracking database on our c170, collected during the stop ?

Thanks for your input.

8 Replies 8

Raed Boshmaf
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

if you have the message tracking set to local "once you removed the SMA" and the message tracking are located on the ESA appliances.

You are able to view the message tracking for the ESA side, and after enabling The centralized email tracking you will have availability from the time it was enabled

Regards,

Raed

Hi Raed,

Thanks for your comment, my wonder is about the "hole" my m170 was off, as the tracking system ran locally on our c170, I'd like to retrieve the data collected during this time, to the m170, to be able to run tracking on the full period.

I'm sorry my english is not perfect, maybe my answer was not correct the first time.

Thanks;

Sylvain

No worries, try the following:

You can search the ESA tracking database by switching to local tracking but NOT committing the changes. To do so you would access the webUI(GUI):

* Security Services > Message Tracking > Edit settings > Message Tracking Status: Local Tracking
* Submit but don't commit
* Monitor > Message Tracking
* Perform your search
* Switch Message Tracking Status back or logout and abandon changes

Yes, I enabled back centralized tracking & logging on my c170 servers yesteday morning. It's ok for that, it's working fine.

But my issue is I can't get track messages results, from the beginning of the interruption of my M170  (last Friday afternoon) to yesterday. This is this period I'd like to be able to retrieve into my m170, to have the full period of log. So I wondered if it's possible to merge or to copy tracking data from my c170.

thanks

Hi, The centralized email tracking service only provides availability from the time it was enabled

but you can search the ESA tracking database by switching to local tracking but NOT committing the changes. To do so you would access the webUI(GUI):

* Security Services > Message Tracking > Edit settings > Message Tracking Status: Local Tracking

* Submit but don't commit

* Monitor > Message Tracking

* Perform your search

* Switch Message Tracking Status back or logout and abandon changes

no way to copy tracking data from the c170 to m170, to allow it to rebuild the missed period ?

As per my knowledge ESA local tracking and SMA centralized tracking a separate

ah damn, what a pity !

thanks for your inputs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: