cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Twilight of the C160

exMSW4319
Level 3
Level 3

Those with C160s are hopefully aware of the end-of-life statement which has been mentioned previously on this forum.

Will there be any more releases of Asyncos 8 for those who are unable to run version 9, or is it realistically just hotfixes for any particularly nasty problems that crop up before all support ceases for the C160? If the latter is the case, how likely are we to get a hotfix after July when the lack of new features for the C160 becomes official?

Looking to the future, there's no end-of-life date published for the C170 yet. Has there been any rumour of a C180? I seem to recollect a prior discussion in the forum, but both forum and exterior searches come up empty.

4 Replies 4

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

At this time, there are not any scheduled version 8 family releases.  We'll still support and release hot patches, as applicable.  But, as for a version increase with-in 8, there are not any on the roadmap.  All efforts currently are set to work and run with version 9.1 and later releases.  

If you had not already, reachout to your Sales/Account team, or reseller - if you were interested in the x60 > x80 promotion.  

FWIW - C170 will still be around for awhile.  C180 most likely not, but a C170 successor is still being worked out.  No full/customer friendly details to provide at this time.

Any/all EoS and EoL notices:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/email-security-appliance/eos-eol-notice-listing.html

-Robert

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

Take a good look at the Virtual Appliance (ESAV). That will allow you to add more horsepower as needed without buying an entire new appliance.

Bob Fayne
Level 1
Level 1

Take a good look at the Virtual Appliance (ESAV). That will allow you to add more horsepower as needed without buying an entire new appliance.

Amen, brother! I've already dangled that one in front of our operations manager, but he's a bit too busy shovelling extra ESX into our data centre. I imagine that whilst we still have tin we'll use it until it's plainly not up to the load. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: