Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 13.5 to 13.7.0 or 14.0.0?

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need your opinion on that.

I think 13.7 is more stable than 14.0.0.

Considering the bugs that have been noticed on 14.0.0, I am very concerned about this upgrade.

Any thoughts on this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

13.7 is meant for Cloud Email Security (CES) customers. So, 14.0 would be your path unless you're referring to CES. 

14.0 has been quite stable from what I've seen. What particular defects do you have in mind that are concerning?

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

13.7 is meant for Cloud Email Security (CES) customers. So, 14.0 would be your path unless you're referring to CES. 

14.0 has been quite stable from what I've seen. What particular defects do you have in mind that are concerning?

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

spacemeb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! Thanks a lot for your reply! 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa13-7-0/ESA_13-7_Release_Notes.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjemu-y28LzAhWKC-wKHUjkDu0QFnoECAMQAQ&usg=AOvVaw38HhNZvAsV6UDw7gt18d4l

According to the rease notes, i clearly see that it also states some hardware models as well as all virtuals. My model is c170. 

Possibly my first impression is wrong, nevertheless please let me know where did u check that, or where should i have seen that. 

Thanks again for your valuable help!

Top of page 3 there's a note

"The AsyncOS 13.7.0-093 for Cisco Email Security Appliances is a general deployment release for Cisco Cloud Email Security users."

Middle of page 5

The following hardware is NOT supported for this release: * C160, C360, C660, and X1060 * C170, C370, C370D, C670 and X1070 * C380 and C680 appliances

Hello,

x70 hardware is capped at AsyncOS version 11.0.x. You will not be able to upgrade higher than that. In order to get to the newer builds, you would need to either upgrade hardware or deploy a virtual device.

And as Ken mentioned, you can check the release notes for support hardware, and 13.7 specifically does have the little burb concerning CES.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

I've been running 14 since beta, and been ok with it...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: