cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade IronPort C370 from 7.6.3-019 to 8.0?

dthelander
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to upgrade IronPort C370 from AsyncOS for Email 7.6.3-019 to 8.0.0-671?  The Release Notes document does not list 7.6.3-019 in the Upgrade Paths even though it's the latest in the 7.6.x family.  I'm guessing that it was just left out of the documentation but I am looking for confirmation.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/esa/esa8.0/release_notes/ESA_8.0_Release_Notes.pdf

Thanks,

Don

4 Replies 4

Robert Sherwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don,

8.0.0-671 is still in FCS (First Customer Shipment) and has not been moved to GA (General Availability).  You will only see 8.0 at this time in the upgrade manifest if we have manually provisioned the serial numbers. 

If you have a need to upgrade to 8.0 FCS, please open a support case with the TAC, and we can provision the serials.  If not, please wait for the GA announcement.  That should be updated here in the forums in the announcements section.

Regards,

Robert

Email Content Security Technical Services - RTP, NC

Hi Robert,

An issue brought up by our users is the truncated subject line and sender line when viewing the quarantine on our C370.  Can you let us know if this window-sizing/display issue has been addressed in the 8.0 release of AsyncOS?  If it is, I know I can make my users a lot happier.  I read the notes but was surprised to not see it addressed.  Thanks!  Dave

Yes!  This is corrected w/ the 8.0 release. 

Confirmed, and seeing in 8.0.0-671…

-Robert

Thank you for the quick response and the screen shot! 

We will be upgrading soon!

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: