Views
Helpful
Replies

Want to configure Ironport C350-D version 7.1.3-010 for email marketing

madhur.singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have Ironport C350-D Version 7.1.3-010 and i want to configure this for email marketing.kindly let me know the steps to configure this so that i can start email marketing campaign .

Anyone can mail me also on m.jain@v-angelz.co.uk

Regards

Mohit Jain

13 Replies 13

Andreas Mueller
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Mohi,

I suppose you are refering to the IronPort Mail Merge (IPMM) feature that comes with a delivery appliance? With this you create an email campaign by injecting messages to the appliance that contain placeholders for several parts, i.e. recipient name and email address, and those data itself, all within a single message. The appliance the creates a message for each data set. For this you have to enable the setipmm subcommand of listenerconfig on the AsyncOS CLI. Then inject the messages with the specific format.

For details on the setup and format I suggest you check out the chapter

Using the Mail Merge

in the online help of your C350D (GUI: Help and Support->Online Help) It's under

Configuration Guide->Enabling Your C300D/C350D/C360D Appliance

or simply enter IPMM in the search tab.

Hope that helps,

Regards, Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

But my Network desigen as follows:

Application Server(Email Blaster)---->(Data1)Ironport------->Data2 Ironport----------->Connected to internet.

Now let me know how should i configure this appliance if you have any idea.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mohit Jain

Hello Mohit,

are refering Data1 and Data2 to the interfaces of the C350D, or are these two different appliances? In first case simply configure a private listener to Data1 and add the application server in the HAT's RELAYLIST. Delivery setup on Dat2  may be a bit more complex, as you certainly plan to use virtual gateways with multiple IPs, we can give you some hints on that, but in general you may contact your Cisco IronPort Sales Engineer to help you with that, as the optimal configuration highly depends on your network environment and the tasks you want to perform. here are some helpful documents for you to check out:

User Guide/Online Help:

Configuration Guide->Configuring the Gateway to Receive Email

Configuration Guide->Enabling Your C300D/C350D/C360D Appliance

Advanced Configuration Guide->Configuring Routing and Delivery Features->Using Virtual Gateway™ Technology

Knowledge Article 533 (for bulk and marketing setting on delivery appliances:

IronPort C300D (outbound) configuration ideas

Hope that helps,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Kinldy let me know data 1 port should be configure to accept the mail or should relay the mail.

Regards

Mohit Jain

Hello Mohit,

if Data1 is four outbound marketing mail, you'd need to configure it to relay messages - where relay means any host on the RELAYLIST can send out to the internet, while a simply ACCEPT policy would require a Recipient access table, which makes only sense for receiving messages for internal domains.

Regards,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks a lot,

I am sending you my network daigram for ironport as attachment.kindly let me know how should i configure it as i have tried as per your earliar post but did not work.

Regads

Mohit  Jain

Hello Mohit ,

what exactly did you do that does not seem to work?

Regards, Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks a lot again to helping me .

Kinldy let me know what exact configuration should i do on ironport from starting so that i can try to configure and can run my ironport for email marketing purpose.

Thanks in advance agaian.

Regards

Mohit Jain

Hello Mohit,

looks like you want to configure that appliance from scratch, and don't know how, is that correct? Unfortunately being part of Cisco technical support I am not authorized to help you with that, after all this is a Support Community board, and in general setup assistance is covered by sales engineering as a part of every support contract. This is to prevent misconfigurations happening because we don't know enough about your network and requirements, and to find out the details is a rather complex process. So my suggestion is to get familar with setup part in the user guide as previously mentioned,it covers everything you'd need to get the system up and running. If you don't have the time for that you'll have to contact your Cisco IronPort sales representative for setup assistance by Sales Engineering to get the system running.

Regards,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your valuable help now i am able to send mails through my ironport but the issue was with queue corruption after clear this que now it is working fine.

Can i USe IPMm Through GUI in ironport.if yes then let me know where is the option as i did not found.

Regards

Mohit Jain

Hello Mohit,

there is no way to enable IPMM on the GUI, it's only part of the listenerconfig on the CLI. Also note that only privat listeners can be configured to use IPMM.

Regards,

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your reply my box is working now there was some issues with que corrruption whcih has been solved now.

Can u let me know can i use this scripting to make an application so that i can use mass mailing feature in better way or only i can use that script for ipmm only through cli mode of ironport.?

Regards

Mohit Jain

Hello Mohit,

there is nothing much else to do on the IronPort appliance than to enable IPMM on a private listener if you want to use it. Everything else is done on the application server that injects the messages, check out the user guide for the syntax, and put that into a script on the application server.  Then, if you inject an IPMM formated message to the 350D, the system will create the messages automatically and delivers them, no further configuration, such as policies or filters, are needed for that.

Hope that helps,

Andreas