Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the mean of header("x-outbound-spam") == "^1$"

360rundll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Outbound email match spam filter, What is the mean of header("x-outbound-spam") == "^1$"  , what is mean equal "1".  THX!

BR.

8 Replies 8

dmccabej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The ^ signifies the beginning of a line/string and the $ signifies the end. So you would only be matching on values of 1. Both our content filters and message filters use regular expression for the syntax.

Hopefully that helps to clarify. :)

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Dear dmccabej ,

I only want to know what is meaning of x-outbound-spam match 1? But not ask syntax

Hello,

This means that you're looking for a specific email header, in this case 'x-outbound-spam', that has a value of '1' and matching on that.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

To add some further clarification, it sounds like you're adding this custom header and then trying to perform a specific action on it. You may be adding it under the Incoming or Outgoing Mail Policies --> Anti-Spam --> Advanced --> Custom Headers section.

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Dear dmccabej ,

I know it match header("x-outbound-spam") == "^1$". But what is meaning of when head(x-outbound-spam)  equal "1"?

Hello,

Just in case you missed my other response ...The custom header may be part of what I had initially described (Anti-Spam custom header addition), or it may be something else you are adding in via a custom header on another filter/service/etc. I'm not able to know exactly since I do not have access to your environment. 

Thanks!

-Dennis M.

Dear dmccabej,

It's initiall by default but not custom. I search many times though Internet but I failed. Can you give me a clear answer. what is meaning of when head(x-outbound-spam)  equal "1"?

Hello,

Unfortunately, I am not aware of us adding that header by default on any service. Also, without knowing your configuration, it will be impossible for someone to guess as to what that header/value signifies within your environment.

At this point, I would recommend opening up a TAC case and one of the engineers will be able to help you review your configuration and to find out where/if your ESA is adding that header and why. 

If you wish, you can review our user guide that helps describe which headers we add by default when processing email. 

ESA ASyncOS 9.7 User Guide

Thanks!

-Dennis M.