Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP 1.14 and VPN connections?

Hey everyone. 

I've gone through the advisory and successfully pushed all items through MDM. Specifically I've pushed WebContentFilter as a Custom Profile on AirWatch(Workspace ONE). 

My issue is: VPN connections(L2TP over IPSecdoes not work when the AMP Network Extension is running... This is the same for macOS 10.15.7 and macOS 11. 

Removing the profile makes it work. Allowing Network Filter manually makes it break again. 
Anyone got this resolved? 

4 Replies 4

ckuwajima
Level 1
Level 1

I have similar problem with Bitdefender VPN on MacOS 10.15.7.

Fortunately I can roll back to connector 1.12.

This thread may be useful.

I upgraded AMP for Endpoints Mac connector 1.14.0.794 to 1.14.1.807 on a machine running MacOS 10.15.7.

It seems that the new connector installation script through policy does not remove the AMP Network Extension. This causes Bitdefender VPN to fail.

Removing the AMP Network Extension by hand (Apple->System Preferences->Network) solves the problem, but decided to completely uninstall the connector and fresh install the new version.

DaphneG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@ckuwajima I'm curious as to what you'll see when you run: systemextensionsctl list

After upgrade, I have 2 versions and one is pending uninstall:

com.cisco.endpoint.svc.networkextension (1.14.0/794)	AMP Network Extension	[terminated waiting to uninstall on reboot]
com.cisco.endpoint.svc.networkextension (1.14.1/807)	AMP Network Extension	[activated enabled]

I wonder if your issue would have been fixed by just rebooting. 

@DaphneG, maybe it would have been fixed in reboot.

But I did not reboot, because the connector updated itself after syncing policy and did not pop-up any message.