I believe I am getting a false positive for ChromeSetup.exe. I downloaded the Chrome beta installer direct from Google.
Virus Total analysis
I checked the SHA-256, which belongs to Chrome updater. As this is signed by 3rd party, we need to open a BUG for false possitive.
Please go ahead and open a ticket with TAC, as we need a formal procedure to get this fixed. That means the BUG requires a ticket number bind.
Hope this helps
Seems to be a general problem that chrome installers is detected as false positives. I've had to whitelist the following SHA-256 in just a few weeks, all confirmed to be false positives of ChromeSetup:
I've occasionally run into the same issue with my passowrd management tool (Keepass). On 2-3 occassions over the past couple of years it was incorrectly identified as malware and quarantined. I had to whitelist the SHA-256 hash to allow it to update.
I did so after confirming the SHA-256 with the source code and confirming it with the developer. Unfortunately I have a lab license and was unable to open a TAC case on it.