cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Endpoints Deployment

moody
Level 1
Level 1

We have 1500 AMP for Endpoints licenses - I just watched a video on deploying them - from what I saw I would need each pc to go to https://console.amp.sourcefire.com portal page and download these individually.

1 - How would I get a login for the sourcefire site (don't have it)

2 - Is there an easier way to deploy this for 1500 users????

40 Replies 40

Marvin, 

Thank you very much I have passed this to our systems team to review. We will take your note into consideration.

@johnsmith12076 

Cisco has no plans to release an MSI file.

Please see my earlier post with attached instructions on how to create your own.

Thanks, that's helpful. SCCM is way better for large scale deployment, but it good to have alternative method for some non-standard devices  

Thanks for the MSI creation guide. It would be nice to have a Cisco create one though.

The reason Cisco doesnt see high demand for an MSI installer,  is called survivor bias.  Cisco is not considering all the enterprises who decided not to choose Cisco Endpoint because of their need for an MSI installer, nor does it consider the customers who left because of this shortcoming.

Are there plans in the future where customers will be able to push the install from the console without relying on a link or SCCM? 

I would love to see this happen as well

I have not heard of anything; however, you can download the endpoint file, convert to MSI and use an MSI deployment tool for mass deployment. Works well and works well at scale. 

I went through the instructions on converting the .exe to an msi package but its not working. It installs but doesn't show up in the AMP portal. I'm using connector version 7.4.1. Has anyone been able to successful create the msi with this version?

mski7861
Level 1
Level 1

Clearly there is a need for a Secure Endpoint download as MSI, but Cisco doesn't want to release this.  

As a community, what can we do to get this 5 year request finally addressed? 

qweqweasdzxc
Level 1
Level 1

Another option is to use group policies. Create a machine startup script that copies the exe from a network share to the local %windir%\temp directory (has to be temp) then just run with /R /S. So it doesn't install on every reboot I created a if exist for the cscm.exe also a network share that only domain computers can write to for logging.

Here's the batch file I used

@Echo off

set CURRENT_DATE=%date:~10,4%%date:~4,2%%date:~7,2%
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy Script execution Started %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log
IF EXIST "%ProgramFiles%\Cisco\AMP\8.1.3.21242\cscm.exe" (goto FILEFOUND) ELSE (
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy Copy to Temp Started %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log
copy "\\NetworkShare1\Install$\amp_client.exe" %WinDir%\temp
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy Copy to Temp Ended %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy Install Started %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log
%WinDir%\temp\amp_client.exe /R /S
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy Install Ended %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log
goto END
)

:FILEFOUND
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy CSCM Found not installing %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log

:END
Echo LOG: ampClientDeploy Script Ended %CURRENT_DATE% %time% %COMPUTERNAME% >> \\NetworkShare2\Logs$\ampClientDeploy.log

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: