Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Endpoints: search for duplicates and remove them

IamSamSaul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, 

Is there a way to search for duplicate clients (licenses) in AMP for Endpoints portal? I have looked for this option but I can't find it.

Thanks. 

Regards, 

Sam

4 Replies 4

I don't bother with duplicates, as a machine only checks in with one ID... so I just delete stuff that hasn't checked in within a month.

stealthmode
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, you may raise a TAC case to find the duplicates. Otherwise, you'll have to export the CSV from the Management > Computers page and manipulate the excel sheet to find the duplicates. Once those duplicates have been found, you may delete those manually from the console. Other than that, TAC can remove the duplicates as well. 

Troja007
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @IamSamSaul,

you are not the first person asking for this feature. I already have seen Feature request for this to fully automate the removal of duplicate and inactive endpoints from AMP UI.
You may ping your Cisco representative to open a Feature Request for this. This helps us to prioritize features which are added to the product.

In the meantime you may check this tool from Github to manage your duplicates: https://github.com/azizaltuntas/Cisco-AMP-for-Endpoint-Duplicate-Finder.

Greetings,

Thorsten

IamSamSaul
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks guys for both of your answers. I'll ask the customer to raise a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: