Views
Helpful
Replies

AMP for Endpoints

enversingh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. 

We are busy with a deployment of AMP for Endpoints, during the initial connector configuration a password was not specified. 

How do we retrospectively add a password? How would you go about changing the password once deployment? Lastly, is there logging of the password use for auditing purposes? 

Thanks in advance. 

Regards

Enver

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BryanAMP
Level 1
Level 1

I'm no expert, but here is how I would handle it. 

Go to Management -> Policies.
Pick the policy of choice and Edit. Go to Advanced Settings then Administrative Features. Check the box 'Enable Protection Password'. Add your password and save.
As far as auditing, go to Accounts -> Audit Log and it will show up in there as 'Update'.

You can change the password anytime and objects will pick that up when they update.

I learned a trick from the forums here as well regarding this. Create a policy and group with no password. If for any reason you need to uninstall AMP, move objects in there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

BryanAMP
Level 1
Level 1

I'm no expert, but here is how I would handle it. 

Go to Management -> Policies.
Pick the policy of choice and Edit. Go to Advanced Settings then Administrative Features. Check the box 'Enable Protection Password'. Add your password and save.
As far as auditing, go to Accounts -> Audit Log and it will show up in there as 'Update'.

You can change the password anytime and objects will pick that up when they update.

I learned a trick from the forums here as well regarding this. Create a policy and group with no password. If for any reason you need to uninstall AMP, move objects in there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: