cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Best for endpoint protection?

pinakotal
Level 1
Level 1

My shop utilizes cisco firepower and umbrella. We have to make a decision on an endpoint protection product. Since we’re using the other cisco products would it be best to go with Cisco AMP? The current endpoint product is from another vendor, but with the subscription ending in a few months we can make the switch to AMP if we want to go all cisco.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes if this is cisco house, suggest using AMP for End point.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Evaluate the features you are using in your current product. Are there any you ABSOLUTELY require? Make sure AMP has them before jumping. Features that come to mind:
Usb control
Client firewall

Paladin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pinakotal, 

Cisco AMP is a great product that I use  a lot. It has some great features and can be integrated with Umbrella and Stealthwatch. It does have some limitations, as every EDR tool. You will not be able to isolate MAC device, they are still working on that, I believe it is not available as of right now. Neither can you launch a remote shell into a device. Those I believe would be two major downsides. Definitely a great product especially if you are in the Cisco Ecosystem already.

Some other good products are Crowdstrike Falcon, Defender ATP or SentinelOne.    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: