cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AMP for Endpoints for Windows 10 ARM64

JCedeno86
Level 1
Level 1

Staring this to hopefully get some traction from those at Cisco monitoring these forums. We need AMP for endpoint support on Windows 10 for ARM64. I was able to make standard and baseline adjustments to my companies infrastructure due to the lack of Ubuntu support but Windows 10 for ARM64 is a must have, sooner than later. My team has Surface Pro X tablets and from a business standpoint they have have been game changer for us. Somewhat hoping this won't be to hard considering Cisco has plenty of experience with ARM processors with AMP for Android, AnyConnect on ARM64 for Windows among the more closely related software to the problem at hand. Let get this Cisco. I'm also open to being part of the beta program when you're ready :)

6 Replies 6

Matthew Franks
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The best way to get this request moving is to contact your account team and have them file a Feature Request (if one does not already exist).  Not only that, but ask anyone else you know that needs this to have their account team add to the Feature Request.  The number of requests received for a feature has a significant impact on what is added to the roadmap.

Thanks,
Matt

ppreenja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hello ,

Currently, AMP is not supporting ARM processor. This is likely the reason why the surface pro is crashing upon installing the connector.

As you can see in the following link, surface pro X is using an ARM processor:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/business/surface-pro-x/processor

There is already a Feature Request to get this supported in future versions, unfortunately, there isn't an official time for this specific feature/enhancement to be addressed in a future release of AMP.

Here is the Feature Request number that you can use to follow up on the request with your account team: CSCvs34843 - Feature Request: Support For ARM Processors.

I hope the above helps.

Cheers,
Pratham

@ppreenja I don't have access to that feature request number which is/was to be expected but now its been almost a year, is there an ETA on that enhancement that I'm not seeing? This has to be hindering the growth of AMP at this point no? With Apple now running on ARM64 (though that appears to be work ok already) and Microsoft having released a second version of their ARM processor. Unfortunately my account team isn't helpful unless I'm buying something.

DavidRiddle
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also curious if any movement has been made on this.  Especially now that AWS is offering their Graviton processor instances, the only thing keeping some of our production instances running on ARM64 vs x64 processors is the lack of an AMP for Endpoints option.

Can anyone provide an update?

Thanks.

MB27
Level 1
Level 1

I'm here because I installed the agent in a Surface Pro X, and I had to factory reset it.

BTW the 32bit package installation was straight forward, and I can't find any reference in the documentation about ARM64 as a unsupported architecture.

We are adding more Windows and Mac ARM64 based device, so any update from Cisco will be appreciated

Thanks

mattluba
Level 1
Level 1

Windows 11 ARM is out. It seems Cisco is still working to develop Windows ARM support despite having added support to: Macs, Enterprise Linux, Oracle Linux, Amazon Linux, Ubuntu LTS, and Debian