Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AMP with Tetra or AMP + Defender?

flyingJet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello !

We are currently testing Cisco AMP as our sole AV (we are moving away for ESET) and was wondering should we just use AMP with Tetra for Workstations or use AMP alongside defender ? (moving to Win10).

Appreciate the answers !

2 Replies 2

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team

Hello

If there is already an existing antivrius running in the endpoints then we would recommend you to disable the TETRA . Please find the deployment guide for the best practices on same. 

If you wish to run AMP and Windows Defender together you will need to disable the Tetra offline engine

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/sourcefire/fireamp/fireamp-cloud/FireAMPDeploymentStrategy.pdf

Regards

Jetsy 

AlexPi
Level 1
Level 1

From my experience, we are running TrendMicro Officescan and Cisco AMP with Tetra at the same time with no issues whatsoever. I have though created exceptions for each to not scan their respective install locations.

I know that Cisco recommends to disable Tetra if you run another AV, but I have instance where things are detected and blocked by Cisco AMP that are not by TrendMicro. Unfortunately I am not sure if ti is Tetra doing the work, or other components of AMP.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: