cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5515-X Firepower

Lam Do Tien
Level 1
Level 1

My company just received 02 new firewall ASA 5515-X with Firepower from the distributor.

Because from the beginning the distributor did not know that the firepower need to be managed through a FirePower Defense Manager based on VMware ESXi then now I need to upgrade the OS from 5.4 to 6.0.1.

As I saw in the download software page of Cisco, I need to download and the install package 6.0.0 then upgrade to 6.0.1 with the upgrade package .

By the way I got the issue with the version 6.0.0 on ASA 5512-X with

firepower: the CPU usage always on 99%-100%. After I downgrade the OS to 5.2 then it working well (but cannot manage firepower module) . Is there any fix on 6.0.1 for this bug ?

The problem now is that one of 02 new firewall cannot boot from the OS in flash:, it continue rebooting, the detail in the attachment, please help me to find out the root cause.

Lam - Netmarks Vietnam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Team,

I hope they have requested you to replace the ASA firewall itself. If you need to know more about the errors, you have to request TAC itself since they will be having  the crash dump files related to this.

Please request the analysis to TAC so that you will get the justification for replacement.

Rate if my posts helped you.

Regards

Jetsy 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Lam,

Whenever you upgrade you should refer the release notes so that you can confirm if you have the enough resources such as enough time and disk requirements to move to that version.

Refer the release notes and confirm if you already have the enough resources or not.

• Firepower System Release Notes, Version 6.0.1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/601/relnotes/firepower-system-release-notes-version-601.html

• Firepower System Release Notes, Version 6.0

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/relnote/firepower-system-release-notes-version-600.html

• Firepower System Release Notes, Version 6.0.0.1

http:www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/60/6001/relnotes/firepower-system-release-notes-version-6001.html

Version 5.2 is already out of support and thus you have to upgrade to minimum 5.4 which is a stable version.

If you already have the enough resource and still face the issue , then please open a cisco tac request to verify this further.

Rate if this answer helps you.

Regards

jetsy 

Hi Jetsy,

Thank you for your information.

The problem here is that i have to upgrade my ASA5515-X to IOS 9.6(1)and Firepower system to 6.0.1 to manage the firepower module on ASDM. 

Is there any bug related to IOS 9.6(1) and Firepower 6.0.1 ?

Lam.

Hello Lam ,

We have several customers who use the 6.0.1 version. You should not face any issues while upgrade. The upgrade should finish successfully. 

6.X versions are considered to be stable.

Rate if this answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy

Hi Jetsy,

Thank you for your information.

After i sent the crashinfo to TAC, they told me to do RMA or request for the new one. 

They found some HW issue in this crashinfo, could you (someone) show me which sign of the HW issue here ?

Regards,

Lam.

Hello Team,

I hope they have requested you to replace the ASA firewall itself. If you need to know more about the errors, you have to request TAC itself since they will be having  the crash dump files related to this.

Please request the analysis to TAC so that you will get the justification for replacement.

Rate if my posts helped you.

Regards

Jetsy