cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide Cisco Security Connector (Umbrella) iOS App

andrew.roberts
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to deploy Cisco Umbrella throughout my organization. For iOS devices, the Cisco Security Connector app is required, and I am pushing it to our devices using Jamf. I have pushed the app and configuration and it works correctly, but I want to hide the app from iOS just so that it is not visible to our users. Is there an option to configure the app this way? If not, can you make one?

If there is no possibility of hiding the app interface, is there a way to enable Cisco Umbrella on iOS devices without the Cisco Security Connector app? We are not using Clarity/AMP on our iOS devices, we just want the Umbrella DNS protection when the devices are off-site/off-network, without a seemingly useless app showing.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK this is not possible on Apple iOS.

Considering "is there a way to enable Cisco Umbrella on iOS devices without the Cisco Security Connector app?" 

The only way would be to have the mobile devices connected to a WiFi that is protected by Umbrella. But there isn't really a way to protect off-network devices without a dedicated client running on an endpoint...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Oliver Kaiser
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK this is not possible on Apple iOS.

Considering "is there a way to enable Cisco Umbrella on iOS devices without the Cisco Security Connector app?" 

The only way would be to have the mobile devices connected to a WiFi that is protected by Umbrella. But there isn't really a way to protect off-network devices without a dedicated client running on an endpoint...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: